· Goal Analysis, Chapters 1-12
· Making Instruction Work, Chapters 1-10
1. Based on the discussion in the Study Notes on “formal needs assessment,” develop your own formal needs assessment with the most appropriate method(s) listed; i.e., Formal Interview, Questionnaire, extracting needs from Annual Appraisals, other.
Identify such things as:
· The specific request/reason for the needs analysis
· What method you chose and why
· The results you obtain in order to help you identify; objectives, who needs the training, training is needed in what specifically, to what level of competency, why is training needed (if at all), when and how will it be given. (2-3 pages)
2. If the 4 steps of training are (basically) to: define the need, plan the training around the need identified, present the training and evaluate the training, your first assignment is to:
A. Choose a position in an institution/organization (maybe your own)
B. Describe the position including the title and a brief description of the tasks involved.
C. With that job in mind answer the following questions:
· All employees in the same position perform their tasks in the same manner. True/ False
· Every supervisor in a specific area should give the same explanation of the job responsibilities. True/ False
· It takes different employees the same amount of time to perform the same job. True/ False
· All employees use the same process/procedure to perform identical job tasks. True/ False
· Customers compliment your organization about the consistency of employee procedures. True/ False
· Similar quality standards are achieved by all employees. True/False
· The definition of “good” performance is understood by all employees at your organization. True/ False
· Job descriptions used are accurate about the work expected for the job described. True/ False
D. For each of the above answers (whether True or False) explain your position.
E. Defend your answers, why should they all be TRUE but very rarely are?
F. How does this exercise help you with a needs analysis?
The book is called The new Mager Six pack 3rd edition. Center for effective performances or the ISBN is 978 1879618152 in case you need more information.
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions