This Assignment has three parts. The first is to create an activity plan. The second is to describe the standards that will be used for the activity. The final part of your Assignment is to research various early childhood topics and share your findings. Your Assignment should be 4–5 pages, not including the cover and reference pages.
The role of planning in Early Childhood Programs is essential. There are many goals that teachers need to accomplish in order to create effective learning environments. You are going to you create your learning centers, These centers will include a specific lesson, objectives, and standards that each lesson corresponds with. The activity plan will be used to display these two learning centers. Following the completion of this activity plan, you will identify goals that you needed to accomplish. An example of an activity plan is in DocSharing. You can use this example, or create your own.
Consult the early childhood standards for your state. Using the above learning centers, describe what standards you would use and why. Reflect on how following these standards contribute to high quality early childhood programming. If you were writing the standards for this developmental area, consider what you might add or leave out.
Engaging in a search using the words: brain research, history and present early childhood education, child development, early childhood theories and/or curriculum models, etc., will lead you to numerous useful articles. As with all research, it is important to consider the quality of the sites you investigate. For some assurance that the information presented is accurate, search the Kaplan Library, eric.ed.gov, and links for government or respected professional education organizations (for example, NAEYC Position Statements or the ASCD website (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development). Since this paper is evaluating your research strategies be sure to explain with details your research methods and evaluation of your findings.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Complete parts 1, 2, 3
- Reference list
- Sources in APA format
- You must use your text and two additional sources
- Times New Roman 12 point font, Double-spaced
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, visit the Kaplan University Writing Center at http://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter.Index.aspx
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 6: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.